HMA continues to work hard to grow and develop its own workforce, and under the tutelage of Council Coordinator, Bob Miller, Frank Miller Lumber Company, Inc., HMA’s NextGen Leaders Council is gearing up for its 20-21 agenda. Topping the list of upcoming activities: Monthly Peer-to-Peer Mentoring Calls and Quarterly Conference-Call Learning Sessions.
According to Coordinator Miller, the goal of the Monthly Mentoring Calls is to assist each Member in developing new and strengthening existing business relationships. Similarly, each quarter a “Guest Presenter” will conduct a Conference-Call learning session – topics of discussion to be determined by the Council Members – to widen industry knowledge and/or professionalism.
Other activities for the year will include attending HMA’s Board of Directors meeting and participating in HMA’s National Conference and Expo, both in Nashville this year, as well as participating in the soon to be announced Hardwood Federation Fly-In. Why - To become familiar with all aspects of the HMA, and to gain greater insight into industry issues.
The Council’s current class is comprised of 11 bright and technically savvy industry ‘youngsters.’ They are:
- Richard Buchanan, Granite Hardwoods, Inc., Granite Falls, N.C.
- Jason Dallas, Stella-Jones Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Parker Dukas, Abenaki Timber Corporation, Kingston, N.H.
- Krystle Edwards, Edwards Wood Products, Inc., Marshville. N.C.
- Chad Ervin, Jones Lumber Company, LLC, Hattiesburgm Miss.
- Jeremy Garcia, Wellborn Cabinet, Inc., Ashland, Ala.
- Tyler Johnston, Frank Miller Lumber Company, Inc., Union City, Ind.
- Logan Josey, Josey Lumber Company, Inc., Scotland Neck, N.C.
- Kelsey Kennedy, Gates Milling, Inc., Gatesville, N.C.
- Cassie Lewis, Turn Bull Lumber Company, Elizabethtown, N.C.
- Chris Rider, Atlanta Hardwood Corporation, Mableton, Ga.
- Council Coordinator – Bob Miller, Frank Miller Lumber Company, Inc., Union City, Ind.
Mentoring is an excellent way to engage, develop and retain employees. And HMA’s NextGen Leaders Council is a means to that end. Visit www.HMAmembers.org to learn more about membership in this important program.