While the COVID-19 situation ‘paused’ most of the activities on the NextGen’s 2020 agenda, Council Coordinator, Bob Miller, Frank Miller Lumber Company, Inc., reports that activities for the 2021 – 22 period are already in full swing.
- The Peer-to-Peer mentoring program has resumed. Each month, working from a Call-sheet devised by Miller, Council members either place a call to, or receive a call from another member. Because everyone participates, the program continues to be an effective way to grow friendships, discuss business issues, and network.
- Each quarter via Conference call, Zoom or webinar, Council members will have the opportunity to participate in an industry related Learning Session. Topics for upcoming sessions are being determined, and a May/June session is anticipated.
- And the focus for the Council’s 2021-22 “Project” will be HMA Membership Development, with the goal of adding five new members to HMA’s membership roster by year end.
Current NextGen Leaders Council Members are:
- Patrick Cullinan Stella-Jones Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA
- Lindsey DiGangi Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Ins. Co., Philadelphia, PA
- Parker Dukas Abenaki Timber Corporation, Kingston, NH
- Krystle Edwards Edwards Wood Products, Inc., Marshville, NC
- Chad Ervin Jones Lumber Company, LLC, Hattiesburg, MS
- Cassie Lewis Turn Bull Lumber Company, Elizabethtown, NC
- Chris Rider Atlanta Hardwood Corporation, Mableton, GA
- Kaitlyn Wood Gates Milling, Inc., Gatesville, NC
- Bob Miller, Council Coordinator, Frank Miller Lumber Co., Inc., Union City, IN
And special thanks to those who have recently graduated from the Council: Richard Buchanan IV, Granite Hardwoods, Inc., Jason Dallas, Stella-Jones Corporation, Jeremy Garcia, Wellborn Cabinet, Inc., Tyler Johnston, Frank Miller Lumber Company, Inc., Logan Josey, Josey Lumber Company, Inc., and Kelsey Kennedy, Gates Milling, Inc.
Visit www.HMAmembers.org for more about HMA’s NextGen Leaders Council.