For decades, HMA has promoted American Hardwoods, domestically. Spreading the good news about American Hardwoods globally however, requires teamwork. And the ‘global’ team leader is the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC). Here’s a snapshot of what AHEC is all about.
– Representing the major U.S. hardwood product trade associations and their committed exporters, the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) is the leading international trade association for the U.S. hardwood industry.
– From Washington, D.C. and six overseas offices, AHEC conducts a worldwide promotion program - targeting overseas specifiers, consumers, and importers - reaching more than 28 million people in 24 countries.
– All programs are run though the joint efforts of the U.S. hardwood industry (your HMA dues dollars at work) and the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
– Annually, more than 750 AHEC press releases, feature articles and advertisements highlighting American Hardwoods are published in newspapers, magazines and trade journals worldwide. AHEC also publishes membership lists in major overseas publications that target buyers and end users of hardwood.
– AHEC exhibits at more than 20 regional and national trade shows around the world, and offers opportunities for members to exhibit in AHEC-funded trade show pavilions at a greatly reduced cost.
For a closer look at the work of AHEC, visit www.americanhardwood.org