Details have been finalized for HMA’s 2019 South Atlantic Regional Meeting, September 23-24, in Virginia/North Carolina. Take a look at what’s in store for this HMA and SCMA event. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
Monday, September 23
- HMA’s Board of Directors Meeting will convene at the Hilton Norfolk The Main, beginning at 2 p.m
- Monday evening, ‘early arrivals’ are invited to join HMA’s Board of Directors for cocktails and a full dinner buffet, beginning at 6 p.m. Advance Reservations are required!
Tuesday, September 24
- Hop on the Bus! Tours include Gates Milling, Inc., Gatesville, North Carolina, and Josey Lumber Company, Inc., Scotland Neck, North Carolina. And since both of these companies are also members of the Southern Cypress Manufacturers Association, this Regional Meeting is open to all SCMA members.
- Southern Cypress Manufacturers Association Mid-Year Meeting
- On the agenda for Tuesday Evening’s Reception/Dinner networking event, brief presentations by Kara Matzko - Port of Virginia/Virginia International Terminals, LLC, Mid-Atlantic Area Manager, and Cary Moon, Hardwood Federation Policy and PAC Manager.
About the Presentations
Entitled, “Building the Capacity for Greatness,” Kara will provide a quick overview of the Port of Virginia; discuss hardwood lumber and logs statistics; share specifics on how the tariffs have impacted Port shipments, and time permitting, address questions.
In that same vein, Hardwood Federation Policy and PAC Manager Cary Moon will provide the latest out of Washington regarding the Trade and Tariffs situation, plus relay a brief overview of the Federation’s recent Fall Fly-In event.
Don’t miss this!
Make hotel reservations at Hilton Norfolk The Main, 100 East Main Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510, online or by calling, at 757.763.6231. Mention the HMA room block to secure the ‘special’ room rates of $149/Single or $159/Double.
And remember, all of the Meeting details are available at www.HMAmembers.org. Check it out and prepare to get on board!