Paint manufacturers and color giant Pantone have announced their favorite hues for 2020. As you will see, the recommendations are all over the board - bold and pastel. “Creating a space in which people feel good about living and working,” appears to be the bottom line for 2020.
- Behr: Back To Nature S340-4 - “a restorative and meadow-inspired green meant to reengage with the natural world; reflect societal trends towards embracing the outdoors; and purify and promote balance at home, Back To Nature has universal appeal and can work well with simple or maximal styling.”
- Benjamin Moore: First Light 2102-70 – “a soft, rosy hue, blooming with potential, to represent a new dawn of idealism, design and living, and reflect a new definition of the home – First Light reflects a shift in mindset from the material, to satisfying the core needs in life: community, comfort, security, self-expression, authenticity and ultimately, optimism.”
- For Pennsylvania-based PPG Paints, their choice is “Chinese Porcelain,” a blend of cobalt and moody ink blue that imparts calmness and restful sleep, while offering the spirit of hopefulness – a precious commodity in a restless world - that will bring us closer to natural elements such as the sea and sky – creating serenity in any space.”
- Sherwin-Williams: Naval SW 6244 - “a rich navy hue reminiscent of the night sky and deep sea, Naval strikes a balance between calm and confident. Its deep, sapphire-like quality, taking cues from the Roaring 1920’s, is where the glamour of Art Deco meets the serenity of a yoga studio, pairing the contemporary desire to treat ourselves with the practice of self-care.”
- Valspar has announced twelve 2020 Colors of the Year, ranging from “soft grays, greens and blues (Mint Whisper, Grey Brook, Secret Moss, Tempered Sage and Utterly Blue), to warm neutrals (Bombay Pink, Desert Fortress, Pale Powder, Crushed Out, Canyon Earth and Winter Calm), each one inspired by colors in nature and intended to bring tranquility into home environments.”
And Pantone’s Classic Blue 19-4052 “has been described as “a timeless and enduring hue elegant in its simplicity,” with the ability to “highlight our desire for a dependable and stable foundation from which to build, as we cross the threshold into a new era.”