By Linda Jovanovich
HMA Executive Vice President
It’s been a challenging year! And I’m not the least bit unhappy that it’s coming to a close. As a matter of fact, my sights are already set on 2020. And I’ve a task for you that I hope will find its way to the top of your 2020 “to-do” list.
Play a more active role in telling the unique facts about American Hardwoods. Yes, to be most effective, the telling of our story has to be an industry-wide effort. Yet in support of that, each of us has a part to play in setting the record straight.
To get you started, take a long look at the following four action items. They aren’t original to me, but rather from a piece written by James A. (Jim) Hieb, CAE, CEO, Natural Stone Institute. I’ve simply ‘tweaked’ them, replacing references to natural stone with American Hardwood content. - Seems Hieb’s Association is also challenged by mis-information being spewed by aggressive competitors.
- Use the resources at www.HardwoodInfo.com to educate your industry partners and customers about sustainably harvested and environmentally friendly American Hardwoods and the performance and aesthetic value of the products made from our naturally gorgeous and long lasting material.
- Educate your employees on how to explain the differences between all natural, American Hardwood products and man-made imitators of hardwood.
- Encourage your network to follow American Hardwoods on social media.
- Facebook @AmericanHardwoods
- Twitter @AmericanHardwds
- Instagram @american_hardwds
- Join the conversation by using #americanhardwoods, #climatepositive, #choosehardwood, #realwoodreallife
The goal is to inform – educate – inspire. Together, we can do it!