Have you finalized your plans to join us at the JW Marriott Nashville for HMA’s 2020 National Conference and Expo, set for March 25-27? The theme of the event is “Piloting Change.” And as you will see, the Conference learning sessions are on-point with information and direction to “take you from where you are today, to where you will need to be tomorrow.” Take a look.
|Thursday, March 26
||Welcome and HMA Business Meeting
|9 - 10 a.m.
||Lost in Translation – Your benchmarking 'GPS' to Profitability,
Roy Anderson, Vice President, The Beck Group, and HMA member participants
|10 - 10:45 a.m.
Advocacy and Representation Dana Lee Cole, Executive Director, Hardwood Federation & Neil Owens, Business Development Consultant for Forestry and Wood Products, Tennessee Department of Agriculture
|10:45 – 11:45 a.m.
Operations and Technology SoundBytes
- Thermal Modification Techniques – Claus Staalner, WoodEye
- TallyExpress – DMSi Software
- Improved Stacker & Stick Placing Systems – Riley Smith,
|11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
||Vendor Expo Café, Enjoy a luncheon buffet while visiting the industry’s leading suppliers
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Hardwood Market Trends
- Global Markets – Michael Snow, Executive Director, American Hardwood Export Council
- Industrial Markets – David Caldwell, Assistant Editor, Hardwood Market Report
|2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
||Today’s Top Priorities, A moderated, interactive discussion on current industry topics
|6 – 7:30 p.m.
||Reception & Expo
Hosted by HMA’s NextGen Leaders Council
|Friday, March 27
|8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Best Business Practices SoundBytes
- Simplifying the Health Care Journey – Chelsea Abdihodzic-Young, Strategic Advisor, CARAVUS
- OSHA’s Most Cited Standards’ Violations – Wendylee Fisher, Assistant Commissioner, Tennessee OSHA
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) – Robert D. Case, CLU, TJT Consulting
|9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
||An Economic Outlook, Scott Schuh, Ph.D., Associate Professor, John Chambers College of Business and Economics, West Virginia University
And remember, the evening Reception and Expo events will provide the perfect opportunities for all participants to relax and refresh, browse the technology Expo, plus meet, greet, network, catch-up, make new contacts, and connect with industry colleagues and longtime friends. Don’t miss this. Register to attend, today.